11.18.2007

FL I / Workout A / Day 4

[I'm using a book called The New Rules of Lifting, but I'm not trying to do the exercises in the order dictated in the text. The author designates a number of different body types/schedule restrictions and then recommends the schedule of exercises. Since I don't think I fit into any of the categories, I'm kind of adjusting it to fit my goals.]

Superset #1
Squat: 3 sets / 12 reps - 135#
Cable Seated Row: 3 sets / 12 reps - 160#

60 sec. rest between sets

Superset #2
Supine Hip Extension: 3 sets / 12 reps - body weight
Dumbbell Push Press: 3 sets / 12 reps - 40# dbs

60 sec. rest between sets

Superset #3
Rotational Lunge: 3 sets / 12 reps - 25# dbs
Swiss Ball Crunch: 3 sets / 12 reps - 45# db


Though I don't follow the book exactly, it is full of tips on proper form and good information on warm-ups and stretches. Typically, to warm up, I will jog for 5 minutes and then do some light weight versions of the major-muscle exercises. If time permits, I will try to do 15 minutes of cardio after the workout; usually stationary bike or elliptical.

No comments: